Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Day 5: Downsizing

From this post
"As we collectively wake up to the fact that our constant need to accrue things – homes, cars, electronics…stuff – has led us to live beyond our means, we may find that we have a thing or two to learn from our kids. Place value on the experience and know when its time to own"




We are always continually downsizing. Maybe because our main living area is 680 sq. feet. Maybe because we are about to have a 3rd child, where i limited my clothing from 4 to 2 drawers in my dresser. Luis and I are always reading about people who have 50 possessions and are inspired. Or about the tiny house movement. I think part of it is about the idea that we can live simply, but the reality is we have way more than 50 things. I struggle to part with clothing and books and craft items...ect. I want to think of my life as fined honed collection  not as my "stuff". It is getting there that is hard. I see all my wasted money on the stuff and think when will my collection start...I am getting there but there is more to be done...so much more.


When I look in the future, I think about the things I will want to have and there are not things. They are the people in my life, my husband and my children. So in order to live a simpler less cluttered life one must focus on the people and not on the stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment