Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 4: On us

From Sarah Healy article 
"“You have to believe that the Lord put you together in the first place.” That’s what my father said in his toast. That was his advice to my husband and me, his way of saying that what we had was preordained, that it was divine. And really, it was as good an explanation as any for love."


My husband and I met in a club, salsa dancing. I had just returned from a mission trip to Mexico. i had no intention of meeting my husband that night.  I had just wanted to meet a friend's boyfriend, that was all.  When we were introduced, the world stop. I tried to deny that I like him over the next 3 months. I had wanted to be single forever, but alas God had other plans. God has been with us though out our now almost 7 years together. He put us together, he put Mexico on my heart. He brought us to our church where our marriage feels supported and we feel loved. I have never doubted God's Plan in our relationship. This has sustained me though the not so easy times, the times I wanted to be married to someone who understood "my culture" and for him the same. Though out it all is the love, that God placed in our hearts to move past those worldly things. Everyday I feel lucky to be his wife, to be the mother of his children...because these are the biggest gifts that I have received from God. A partner and children, who have nothing to do with me but the privileged to get be part of their lives.  As we enter again into parenthood, it is amazing how we have grown and how we have changed. What we have witnessed in other. But it is nice to know that we have done those together.


Daily Thankgiving: Basking in the fall sun, while chatting with a friend while our littles play. 

No comments:

Post a Comment