Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sad

This weekend will mark, my first two days away from my baby2. First two nights, when she is not even sleeping though them...I know that my mom reads this blog (hi mom) and she is the one watching them and it is not about her (it is not about you mom) But the other part of me feels so selfish, so guilty, I just want to wrap each of my kids up in a little time capsule and never let them out. So, tonight I feel sad, I miss them already. School, seems long and longer, but rewarding. The fact that I am doing something for me sounds so trite. But alas, each moment with them counts more than the ones that I am not. Until then, I can be sad.

*Edit to add, (don't want to be a negative nelly anymore)
Every Act of Love
Demands for our attention
tug in all directions-
kids and work, partners
and practicalities, spiritual
practice and the unrelenting
rough and tumble of life.
It's a gift to remember
even for an instant that
the Infinite is in this mix,
and every act of love
is an offering that
circles back to us a
thousandfold in ways
we never could predict

-
Danna Faulds

No comments:

Post a Comment