Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

Heavy Heart

(Matias 14 months)
When I think about something sad, I look at pictures of my kids to cheer me up. (Look at the kid above!) It gets my happy heart going.
Today I found out that a friend from college died. I found out yesterday that my uncle's neighbor wife is dying of cancer. My mom and I talk about her trip to New Orleans and how much people are still suffering from Hurricane Katrina. Our world sometimes seems hopeless and it gets me down.
As I look into my kids faces I hope to inspire in them that you get one life and you should use it to make the world a better place.
I was chatting with a co-working this morning and remembered planting a tree early in life for my friend Becky's mom who had died of cancer. Wow! I thought that was a long time ago. I am going to go and visit that tree. When I was 12, I had no idea why a tree was being planted, but now a tree seems like to perfect thing to do. I think that we will be planting a tree for my friend Dawn, so I can remember that life starts anew.

No comments:

Post a Comment